Monday, July 8

A Moment

A Moment by Marie Hall
My rating: 4 Stars

A Moment (Moments, #1)









MOMENT: The dictionary defines a moment as a minute portion of time. But for me, it's more. I see a moment the way a scientist does… the product of quantity and the distance to a particle axis or point. A moment is that indefinable period in your life that only makes sees when you look back and you realise I made the right choice. I didn't know it then, but I made the right choice and I'd do it all over again.

This is my moment….




Ryan’s got demons, and they’re deep, dark, and eating him alive.

One night he decides to end his pain, to leave it all behind and float away into the blessed darkness of oblivion. But fate has other plans for him, Lili finds and rescues Ryan, determined she’ll not only save his body, but his soul too.

Liliana is 21yrs old dealing with her own issues.
On a very rare night off from looking after her sick mum and her 7yr old Autistic son, Lily heads out with a friend for Valentines day.

There she meets Ryan.
They don’t know it yet, but before the night is over their lives will be forever changed.


~ My teeth are clacking, I look at the straight razor beside me.
Squeezing my eyes shut, a terrible sound draws from my mouth. One I'd never heard before. I can't do this anymore. Can't pretend. Can't keep lying that it isn't hurting, isn't killing me a little every day.
He wins, but I think in the end he always knew that.
Picking up the razor I hold it to my wrist and count slowly to ten.~



After that night Lili can't get Ryan out of her thoughts. And when she sees him again 12 weeks later their connection is still there.
With Ryan's demons, Lily is reluctant to let him in. How can she willing bring someone broken into her and her sons life.


~Maybe the person who brings you back from death has the right to know why they did in the first place. But if she knew the truth, she'd have let me die. Nothing like me deserves to live.~


Ryan can't stop thinking about Lily. He needs her, and can't let her go.


~Green eyes swallow me up, look straight through me. I hate it. But I need it too. When I'm around her, I feel alive.~


They agree to see where their relationship takes them.
She lets him into her and Javi's life.
It was so beautiful how Ryan was with Javi.


But Ryan can't let Lili in, He refuses to tell her his secrets. He believes that once Lili finds out, she will leave.


~"I've got demons, Lili. And sometimes they drown me."
"Then let me be your life raft."~


Ryan's struggle was so very raw. It's so heartbreaking and you really do feel his pain.
And In the end realising that that no one can save you, but yourself.
Lily's fight to help save did impact him, but in the end it was Ryan, himself that saved him.


~Liliana will save me.
She has to.
Because there's no other choice for me.
My soul is black, my heart shrivelled, anything good in me is her.
That is it.
And if she doesn't save me, no one else can.~



This was Ryan's journey, I was on the sidelines cheering him along, Please please let her in.

You really want them to heal each other and you can't help but fall in love with him.

I loved Lili.
Her relationship with Javi pulled at my heart strings. As a mother you can't comprehend being in that situation.


~Hard enough having a baby at fourteen, but that hadn't been the worst. The worst is falling so in love with him only to discover he'll never feel the same for me in return.~


But when she sings to him and Ryan witnesses Javi watching... Had my heart breaking.


~ Just as she sings that line, Javi looks at her. Dead in her face and I feel like a bastard, because I get to see what I knew she hasn't.
Love.
It's all around him, and it's all for her.~



This was my first time reading Marie Hall, and won't be my last.
I'm looking forward to reading Alex's story.


~"Where there is hatred, let me sow love
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith
Where there is despair, hope
Where there is darkness, light
And where there is sadness, joy."~


Buy it.
Read it.
Love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment