Monday, September 23

Leo

Leo by Mia Sheridan
My rating:  5 Stars

Leo (Sign of Love, #1)









"Why are you looking at me?"
"Because I like your face."


~Love is like a magnifying glass straight into the souls of those who own your heart.~



Thrown together in foster care Evie meets Leo.
Through the hardships of their childhood, a deep abiding friendship blossoms. Leo becomes her protector and as the years go by this special relationship develops into a beautiful and unwavering love.



~"I'm going to kiss you now, Evie, and when I do, it's going to mean that you're mine. I don't care how far away from each other we are. You. Are. Mine. I'll wait for you. And I want you to wait for me. Promise me you won't let anyone else touch you. Promise me you'll save yourself for me."~Leo



When Leo suddenly gets adopted, moving across the county, Evie, is left behind.
Leo Promises Evie that he will write her as soon as he gets there and he will come back for her when she turns 18.


description


~"It will only ever be you Evie.

It's the last thing he ever says to me. I never see Leo again.~

8 Years later Evie has made a life for herself.
Working 2 jobs, friends that are like the family she never had, she is happy enjoying her life, appreciating her fortune.

When a man by the name of Jake comes into her life claiming to know Leo, Evie is taken back to the mystery of what happened to Leo.

The story of Evie and Leo's past is revealed throughout the book. We are shown what they’ve been through with each other, but the reader is only given a small part of that through conversations and through flashbacks.

Jake is sent to check on Evie as a promise he made to Leo.
Evie and Jake have undeniable chemistry. And in such a short time, Evie is drawn to him.


~"When he laughs like that, I swear a piece of my soul, the part of me that keeps secrets even from myself, tries to lunge towards him, like his happiness is an visible pull to my own heart. It's crazy. I don't even know this guy. ~


Their relationship is smoking hot, Jake is one hot alpha male.
Bossy but not pushy. Totally sweet, totally hot.
The sex.. Omg hot hot hot hot hot!


~"Come for me, Evie," he growls. And just like that, my body tenses and I arch up off the couch, intense waves of ecstasy flowing through me. I cry out his name and hear his zipper and then he is flipping me over and his hands are on my hips as he drags me up so my ass is in the air and he plunges into my dripping sex on one loud moan. I'm not sure if it's his or mine or both. ~



But Jake has a past an insecurities that keeps him holding back from Evie. Inevitably the truth will always find its way.

description


And just when you think you’ve figured out what happened, you get smacked down with the brutal reality, and it is heartbreakingly tragic.

I was right all along in my suspicion of what Jake was hiding. But was totally thrown with the truth of it all. Wow didn't see that one coming.


Mia Sheridan is an amazing storyteller. Her writing has depth and sensitivity to it that goes beyond the words. It grabbed my attention and held it all the way through to the last word.
Her story made me feel that I know her personally. Not just Evie and Jake but Mia herself.
That's a little strange for me, I love it when I can connect to the characters and feel what they feel, and I did, but also found that when reading some things I would think, that's so Mia. LOL very crazy when I don't know her. Hahahaha

I Loved Loved loved the Epilogue.
I love me an epilogue and this was just perfect.
Leaving me with a tear escaping right as I read the last line.


~All along she stood there constant and calm.
"I can't make the fire go away, I can't guarantee you won't get burned. But I can hold this hoop for you, I can remain steady and strong, because I believe in you. Because you are mine."
And in the end, I had jumped. And the other side was just as glorious as her eyes had promised.~


description

Favorite lines


~"Because I like your face"~

~"I don't know if I'm ready for this huge jump in status," I tease "From stalker to chaperone in one day? You'll think I'm easy!"~

~If you're lucky, you might have a person who tells you a better story, one that takes up residence in your soul, speaking louder that the woeful tale you've convinced yourself of. If you let it speak loudly within your heart, it becomes your passion and your purpose. And this is a good thing, the best of things. because it is the very definition of love, nothing else. ~

Can't wait to read more from this fabulous author.


Buy it.
Read it.
Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment