Thursday, August 1

UNTEACHABLE

Unteachable by Leah Raeder
My rating: ★ 5 Inspiring Stars ★

Unteachable











~ "If you're trying to avoid loss, there's no point in taking another breath, or letting you heart beat one more time. It all ends.
That's all life is. Breathing in, breathing out. The space between two breaths." ~




This was everything my heart desired.
Intense love
Forbidden love
Amazing Female Character
Romance
Life changing story line
and Soo Freaking steamy like so so so steamy.

This is how it is done.


description



18 yr old Maise is jaded, promiscuous, and hell bent on living her life the way she chooses.
She has no Friends, a Fucked up junkie mother, and no Father.
She makes no apologies for the way she is. Though she is dealing with her demons, she is funny and witty and you easily fall in love with the girl.


~ “What the hell am I? …Too old to be a real teenager, too young to drink. Old enough to die in a war, fuck grown men, and be completely confused about what I was doing with my life.” ~



To escape the reality of her life she uses men as a fix. She can't stand guys her own age, so she sleeps with older men.
At the town carnival she meets 'The Guy'.
She is instantly attracted to him. He can easily make her forget. But there is something different with this guy, he sees past her body and makes her feel things she won't allow herself to.



~ The Guy leaned in suddenly, tilting his face. Heart attack. But he just stared at my eyes, as if searching for a stray eyelash. A free wish. ~





In the car of the parking lot. Maise, thinks she is getting what she craves, but Evan is able to get past her walls. It's never been like that before. He makes her feel alive.



~ His kiss had felt like fucking me, and his fucking me felt like being kissed, everywhere, every bit of my body unbearably warm and buzzing.~




It's all too daunting for her so she flees, with no intention of ever seeing him again.
When she walks in to her Film class on first day of school, she learns that 'The Guy' is her new teacher Mr Wilke.

With their attraction still clearly pulling them closer, they can't stay away from each other.


~ “If you think you can stand looking and not touching for eight months, you're welcome to try."~




It's like the more they tried to stay away from each other, the more they needed each other. Needed their fill.


It was dangerous yet compelling.
You don't know where you should stand on the ethical level.
How can something be wrong, yet feel so right?

It went from being this highly erotic Student/ Teacher affair.

~ My fingers stroked the fine silk over that hardness, pumping slightly in my hand.
He put the condom on himself. Lifter me suddenly under the knees, making me grab him for balance. Then it was only my spine against the door and his dick thrusting inside of me, and I lost all breathe, all function, all everything. For an endless moment all I felt was penetration. Slow and hard. Slow and deep. He made sure I felt every single thrust. ~



To this epic journey of falling in love and growing up. Dealing with feelings and how they can impact your whole life.

description


They both seem as messed up as each other, Evan has his own demons he battles.


~“I see the lights every night. It seems like the whole world has figured out how to be happy, but no one's letting me in on the secret.” ~



You question their love for each other, yet you find yourself rooting for them.



~ “And I felt something I've never felt before. You can call it love, or you can call it freefall. They're pretty much the same thing.”~



You need them to have their HEA. But you wonder if there is even a chance it would work.


~" I don't want it to end. I want to keep you. I want to hold on and never let you go." ~





You have this emotional  and raw connection to their love, you start to no longer care about the Teacher/Student, older/younger aspect.


description



It's a constant tug of war. You have no control over feeling what they feel.



~"I feel like I'm waking from a long dream, and everything is so much more beautiful than I remembered." ~





Their relationship was so intense that they start to question it themselves.


~“That was what we'd finally been forced to confront: if our relationship was based on forbiddenness, what would happen when it was no longer forbidden?”



Then there comes a massive shock out of left field, and it actually shattered me.
Could I have been so fooled myself? How could the Author do that to me?
How the hell have I become so emotionally attached to this affair?

It leaves you questioning your own assumptions about love and relationships.

I think for me I was so invested in Maise's journey that it didn't matter the decisions she made.
Every feeling she felt. I felt.
When she questioned her choices. I did to. When she felt so passionate about something, I was right there with her.
When you learn about her past you respect the woman she is.
Her decisions, and  her actions  were a product of a fucked up childhood.
Yet she has this uniqueness to her. One that questions, if things were different, would her individuality be altered?

Leah has an incredible gift of storytelling, it was Poetic and raw and you clung to her words.
Her writing became addictive, I found myself anticipating her next life changing view, or waiting for the next eye opening line. It would stir something in me, washing over me and leaving me at peace.
It was Brilliant.

The ending was just genius . I seriously have to say this was so brilliantly written, I'm so in love with this writing.
This book right here is how I get my high.


description

I can not wait to read what is next from Leah. Her ability to capture the fine details of everything she writes has won me over.
Add this to your TBR now.


Add it now

Unteachable


Buy it now







Jess xx



No comments:

Post a Comment